[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Proposal regarding cleaning up our samples collection

Attila Kinali attila
Thu Nov 6 09:39:09 CET 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:24:13 +0100
Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll do that. Also, regarding the overall syntax of filenames, I
> will move the "+" characters outside the optional [] parts. This makes
> scripting a whole lot easier in case there is audio but no video inside a
> container, or empty containers, etc. For example:
>
> ff_123456+nut++mp3++some_problem.nut

How about using:

[ ("ff_"|"mp_") "issue" "%06d" "+" ]
container "+"
[ "vc_" vcodec [ "-" vcodec ]* "+" ]
[ "ac_" acodec [ "-" acodec ]* "+" ]
[ "sub_" subtitles [ "-" subtitles ]* "+" ]
text.ext

This way you could easily detect, whether a file contains
audio, video, sub or any combination there of.

				Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.