[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Proposal regarding cleaning up our samples collection

Ivo ivop
Thu Nov 6 14:19:57 CET 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 09:39, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:24:13 +0100
>
> Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:
> > Thanks, I'll do that. Also, regarding the overall syntax of filenames,
> > I will move the "+" characters outside the optional [] parts. This
> > makes scripting a whole lot easier in case there is audio but no video
> > inside a container, or empty containers, etc. For example:
> >
> > ff_123456+nut++mp3++some_problem.nut
>
> How about using:
>
> [ ("ff_"|"mp_") "issue" "%06d" "+" ]
> container "+"
> [ "vc_" vcodec [ "-" vcodec ]* "+" ]
> [ "ac_" acodec [ "-" acodec ]* "+" ]
> [ "sub_" subtitles [ "-" subtitles ]* "+" ]
> text.ext
>
> This way you could easily detect, whether a file contains
> audio, video, sub or any combination there of.

I do not really see the advantage of your proposal. I can just as easily
test whether a field is empty or not and I need to extract the contents
anyway during the creation of the symbolic links.

--Ivo