[FFmpeg-devel] update data_offset field in format context

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Nov 6 19:28:55 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 05:50:46PM +0200, Yoav Steinberg wrote:
> In my specific application (using libavformat) I'm interested in using
> the data_offset field to figure out how much of the file is used for
> data and how much is used for "headers".

And oh, I just have to ask: what is "headers"? I find it hard to imagine
what the purpose of that should be - it seems more likely that you will
end up misleading your users to believe this has anything to do how with
how efficient the container is (it does not, also with that method it
will say "0" for almost all mov files).

> "rating" system which isn't relevant to our discussion.

IMO if what you are doing makes any sense is very relevant to whether we
should try to fix it for your use case.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger