[FFmpeg-devel] usage of Requires.private in *.pc files

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Mon Nov 10 17:47:03 CET 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> writes:

> As usual, there is a great deal of confusion regarding the correct
> syntax of the month for pkg-config files.  I suggest we drop them
> entirely, and let distros create them in whatever way they please.
>
> I'm not joking.

Actually I tried hard to avoid that reaction, but obviously failed. I
tried by asking very specific questions about the usage of the libs in
question within ffmpeg. Removing will not resolve the issue, I'd still
need to know the details in order to write the .pc files properly.

Would you mind please reading my mail and actually answering it?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4