[FFmpeg-devel] Compiling Errors on Mac OS X for arm processor (iPhone)

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Nov 10 23:24:18 CET 2008

"Tim Sefton" <tims at invivo.com> writes:

> Trying to get ffmpeg libraries libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil, and
> libswscale compiled for the arm processor for application to run on iPhone.
>
> Used following settings -
>
> ./configure -enable-gpl -enable-swscale -disable-vhook -enalbe-cross-compile
> -target-os=darwin -arch=arm  --disable-iwmmxt -enable-armv5te -enable-armv6
> -enable-static enable-pthreads

That's obviously not what you typed.  The options all start with a
double dash (--), and are not misspelled.  Please paste exactly what
you typed in future.

> Get problem with error during libavcodec /mpegvideo.c - no such instruction
> : 'umull %edx,..'

You should specify a --cpu option, e.g. --cpu=arm1136jf-s.  I have no
idea what CPU the iphone uses, that's just an example of an ARMv6
processor.  To optimise for a generic ARMv6, use --cpu=armv6.  There
is no need to explicitly enable or disable CPU extensions.  The
configure scripts sets these automatically if you specify the correct
--cpu value.

You also need to specify a --cross-prefix or --cc option, unless "gcc"
actually runs the correct cross-compiler.  The error message looks
like you tried to use an x86 compiler while telling the FFmpeg build
system you are building for ARM.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com