[FFmpeg-devel] UDP multicasts mixed up on receive due to wrong bind()

Jindrich Makovicka makovick
Tue Nov 11 10:30:03 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 08:20, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,
> Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> [...]
>>>>> Everything we need are windows testers ;-)
>>>> I run Windows on a regular basis. You need something testing, I'm all ears. :)
>>> Just create a multicast stream with vlc (it should have some
>>> wizard to do this) and then try to receive it with
>>> ffplay udp://<multicast address>:port
>>> Apply Jindrich's patch, and see if it breaks something. Then,
>>> apply my patch and repeat the same experiment.
>> Can we fix this issue ?
> AFAIR, what we miss is a patch that works on as many systems as possible.
> I think we arrived to the conclusion that the best thing to do is:
> first, try to bind the multicast group; then, if the first bind fails,
> try to bind INADDR_ANY. Both Jindrich's patch and my one are missing
> the second part...

This version tries the binding of the local address if the multicast
bind fails. I didn't test it on windows though.

Jindrich Makovicka
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: udp.diff
URL: <http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/attachments/20081111/78fa62b7/attachment.txt>

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list