[FFmpeg-devel] usage of Requires.private in *.pc files

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Nov 12 12:41:23 CET 2008

Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> writes:
>
>> It was added by this commit:
>> http://git.ffmpeg.org/?p=ffmpeg;a=commitdiff;h=ade08d49717a3c930f8394a55b8279837c21fb89
>>
>> The submitter of that patch was quite adamant this was the One True Way,
>> quoting the very same bit of scripture as you to prove it.  Discussion
>> here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/67866
>
> Both the commit and the discussion you quote do not touch to topic of
> using the field Requires, nor Requires.private.

You mentioned Libs.private, and you quoted the same bit of "documentation",
so I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that it had some relevance.  I should
know better than trying to apply logic to matters concerning pkg-config.

The next commit does something with Requires.private.

> They do however cover the fields Libs and Libs.private. That usage is
> correct AFAIUI.

You seemed to say the opposite moments ago.  The rules of pkg-config
do change quickly indeed.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com