[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] 6 channel rawaudioinputresultsininvalid PCM packet error

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Nov 12 22:31:48 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:54:44AM -0800, Phil Rutschman wrote:
> > > ok if it passes the regression tests
> >
> > It doesn't.
> >
> > I have not investigated further...
>
> The regression failure appears to be due solely to a change in the raw
> audio packet size.
>
> This can be confirmed in two ways. First, revert to SVN head. Run make
> test. Edit libavformat/raw.c to change the #define of RAW_PACKET_SIZE to
> 2048, for example. Rerun make test, and observe which files fail.
>
> Second, revert the change of RAW_PACKET_SIZE and apply this version of
> the patch which restores my original logic, which kept the
> RAW_PACKET_SIZE the same if possible. Rerun make test, and observe that
> the files no longer fail.

your original logic generates packets that are not a multiple of 512 or 1024
thus not a multiple of disk sectors, this seems not ideal

in principle updating the regression test checksums would be fine, but
why does g726 change? this looks like there is something wrong in g726
which has to be found and fixed ...

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your
own failings. Then you will forget your anger. -- Epictetus