[FFmpeg-devel] RTSP-MS support

elupus elupus
Tue Nov 18 14:46:26 CET 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:17:41 -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> Hi,
>
> no Michael you don't have to review this, this is just for those that
> want to play around. I'll split it for proper inclusion.
>
> Anyway, the attached patch adds some sort of rudimentary, crude
> support for RTSP as server by MS servers. It's mostly
> standard-compliant, and it's also nicely documented [1], so that helps
> a lot. Inside is basically a set of RTSP streams, each with their own
> m= line, and the server, by default, serves all of them, thus making
> stream selection very easy if you ahve the bandwidth. I don't know how
> to do stream selection server-side yet, but I'll surely find out.
<snip>

Very nice to see this. I had a look at it awhile back when i was playing
around with the wmp upnp server which serves these types of streams. But
missed the part about the ASF header in the sdp line. Explains why i
couldn't get it to work.

Nice to see someone working on this thou. Will have a test agains wmp11
player when the patch comes abit further along.

Regards