[FFmpeg-devel] Bug report : build problem with "configure --disable-encoders"

David Geldreich david.geldreich
Mon Nov 24 18:03:19 CET 2008

Hello Diego,

Le 24 nov. 08 ? 17:24, Diego Biurrun a ?crit :

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 03:08:06PM +0100, David Geldreich wrote:
>>
>> Attached a patch using aandcttab.c/h to solve this --disable-
>> encoders/--disable-decoders issue.
>>
>> As I am new to ffmpeg, I have some naming/comment/doc issue :
>>
>> 1) I copied the copyright from another file but do not know exactly
>> what
>> to put in it
>
> The way you did it is right.

But missing the 2 first lines that we found in other file giving
credits to some people and adding years of copyright.

>> 2) I do not exactly know what these aanscales table are for, so it is
>> hard to put a "correct" doxygen comment for the file content
>
> Dunno, Michael?
>
>> 3) tables are named : ff_inv_aanscales and aanscales; perhaps
>> aanscales
>> should be renamed to ff_aanscales or ff_aan_scales to be coherent
>> with,
>> for example, aactab.h (I have not found the ffmpeg coding
>> conventions ?)
>
> Externally visible symbols need to have an ff_ prefix to avoid
> namespace
> clashes.  Thus aanscales needs to get such a prefix.

To be coherent with other *tab.c/.h files, I used : ff_aan_scales and
ff_aan_inv_scales

Here is a patch with these corrected names.

David.