[FFmpeg-devel] Bug report : build problem with "configure --disable-encoders"

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Nov 25 00:03:17 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 06:03:19PM +0100, David Geldreich wrote:

> Le 24 nov. 08 ? 17:24, Diego Biurrun a ?crit :
>
>> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 03:08:06PM +0100, David Geldreich wrote:
>>>
>>> Attached a patch using aandcttab.c/h to solve this --disable-
>>> encoders/--disable-decoders issue.
>>>
>>> As I am new to ffmpeg, I have some naming/comment/doc issue :
>>>
>>> 1) I copied the copyright from another file but do not know exactly
>>> what to put in it
>>
>> The way you did it is right.
>
> But missing the 2 first lines that we found in other file giving credits
> to some people and adding years of copyright.

Tables are not copyrightable so this is not an issue here.

>>> 3) tables are named : ff_inv_aanscales and aanscales; perhaps
>>> aanscales should be renamed to ff_aanscales or ff_aan_scales to be
>>> coherent with, for example, aactab.h (I have not found the ffmpeg
>>> coding conventions ?)
>>
>> Externally visible symbols need to have an ff_ prefix to avoid
>> namespace clashes. Thus aanscales needs to get such a prefix.
>
> To be coherent with other *tab.c/.h files, I used : ff_aan_scales and
> ff_aan_inv_scales
>
> Here is a patch with these corrected names.

Michael will cut my head off if I apply this as one, so please send a
patch just for the rename and another to move the tables.

Diego