[FFmpeg-devel] asm vs __asm__: revenge of the underscores

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Thu Oct 2 17:17:02 CEST 2008

flameeyes at gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten?) writes:

> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>
>> if __asm__ works on more compilers than asm then iam not against switching
>> i guess a tested! script that replaces them would also be more welcome than
>> a 100+k patch ...
>
> The patch would be 194K for what it's worth ;) I'll prepare a tested
> script once I can coherce Sun Studio into working at all, although I
> could prepare it nonetheless, it allows to drop -fasm from commandline
> (together with a change for typeof) and should a be a bit safer
> pedantic-wise with GCC too.

Okay I've been able to (almost) make it.

This sed line (with GNU sed!) will change all but two files:

sed -e 's:\<asm\>\(.*\(\<volatile\>\)\?.*(\):__asm__\1:' -i \
    configure doc/optimization.txt lib*/{.,*}/*.{c,h}

For the remaining two files it's easier for me to give the straight
patch file.