[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: ffmpeg GPL violation

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Oct 3 21:08:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 10:58:43AM +0000, Jethro Walters wrote:
> --- On Fri, 3/10/08, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> > > they don't need to provide sources if the binary is built from
> > > unmodified ffmpeg source, the point is understand if their binary
> > > is modified or not
>
> I understand we use LGPL v2.1 or later. Current latest version is 3.
> Should I baseline what I'm looking for under LGPL v2.1 or v3?

I depends on which license is being used by the people creating programs
based on FFmpeg.  For now I guess they will stick with 2.1 and this is
what you should go for.

Diego

P.S.: Your mailer is absolutely horrible, get something that does not
totally mangle all quoted text and cuts down on long lines please.