[FFmpeg-devel] need help fixing sws on PPC

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Oct 5 02:50:41 CEST 2008

Hi

Can someone who has a PPC and a x86 play a little with swscale to find
out which convertions do not match?
This is rather important as our regression tests as well as fate depend
on it.
Note -sws_flags +bitexact should be used also -sws_flags +accurate_rnd
may be needed.
Also note, some scalers still use floats to find coeffs (like spline)
iam not interrested in them, that is currently area, nearest neighbor
bilinear and bicubic are the onlx ones iam interrested in.

And last, if something does not match, pleas explain how it does differ
+-1 rounding or red/blue exchanged or ...

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch