[FFmpeg-devel] Compiling with Sun cc

Roman V. Shaposhnik rvs
Mon Oct 6 06:47:10 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 20:18 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 11:26:36AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >
> > Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:

> > > See attached if you wish ;)
> > >
> > > ffmpeg.o: /media/repos/flame/git/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c
> >
> > How does it look for files in subdirs, e.g. libavutil/mem.o?  Does it
> > output the full object file name, or does it mimic the lobotomised gcc
> > behaviour?
>
> It apparently mimics gcc's idiocy.
>
> Roman, a feature request for you: Please provide us with a suncc option
> that does not cut off the file path when outputting dependency
> information for inclusion in Makefiles.  It's clear you will have to
> provide an ass-backwards-compatibility mode, but you can surely improve
> upon that...

I guess I have to know more. If all you need is a FQPN, than cd'ing to /
would do the trick. IOW:
   (cd / ; gcc ...  -MM -MG ~/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/dv.c)
results in:
dv.o: /home/roman/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/dv.c \
      /home/roman/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h \
      /home/roman/src/ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h \

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Roman.