[FFmpeg-devel] Compiling with Sun cc

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Oct 6 07:25:50 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 09:47:10PM -0700, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 20:18 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > How does it look for files in subdirs, e.g. libavutil/mem.o?  Does it
> > > output the full object file name, or does it mimic the lobotomised gcc
> > > behaviour?
> >
> > It apparently mimics gcc's idiocy.
> >
> > Roman, a feature request for you: Please provide us with a suncc option
> > that does not cut off the file path when outputting dependency
> > information for inclusion in Makefiles.  It's clear you will have to
> > provide an ass-backwards-compatibility mode, but you can surely improve
> > upon that...
>
> I guess I have to know more. If all you need is a FQPN, than cd'ing to /
> would do the trick. IOW:
>    (cd / ; gcc ...  -MM -MG ~/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/dv.c)
> results in:
> dv.o: /home/roman/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/dv.c \
>       /home/roman/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h \
>       /home/roman/src/ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h \
>
> Am I missing something?

Yes.  The above is what gcc emits and it is only useful if you use
braindamaged recursive make.  What we need is the full relative path,
of the object file, i.e.

libavcodec/dv.o: libavcodec/dv.c libavcodec/avcodec.h libavutil/avutil.h

instead of

dv.o: libavcodec/dv.c libavcodec/avcodec.h libavutil/avutil.h

Does that clarify things?

Diego