[FFmpeg-devel] More H.264 predictive lossless

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Oct 8 03:14:41 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 01:42:06PM -0700, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On mplayerhq, mixedqps_lossless.h264 is now available.  This test clip
> uses the following features in addition to predictive lossless:
>
> 1. Deblocking
> 2. CABAC
> 3. B-frames (pyramidal, with weights)
> 4. All macroblock types, including 8x8dct and PCM.
> 5. Random distribution of QPs, with 50% lossless and 50% ranging from 1 to 31.
>
> CoreAVC plays it correctly.
>
> The clip is also notable for breaking the patch we previously
> considered for adding predictive lossless support, due to the fact
> that negative residuals added to a zeroed block end up being stored as
> zeros due to clipping.
>
> Since x264 has committing Predictive Lossless replacing the old
> lossless mode (which was removed from the spec), we're going to need
> to support this mode soon enough.
>
> Michael, any comments or ideas?

There are patches laying around that need to be reviewed, bugs
some in h.264 i wanted to fix ...
i cant to all at once ...
so if someone wants to work on this (or anything else), it surely would
be welcome ...

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway