[FFmpeg-devel] Will apply in two days

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Sun Oct 12 17:18:12 CEST 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd escreveu:
> I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the amount of patches people
> are posting, accompanied by an ultimatum of "will apply in X days".

Suppose X==5 for a short patch. How hard it is to say "Please give me
more time to review this" when you need more than 5 days to review a
patch to a code you maintain?

> I don't have time to constantly babysit people, Stefano especially,
> implementing non-essential things.

When you decide to maintain some code, people will post patches against
it. Most will be non-essential. You, as the maintainer, is expected to
review then. I hope you don't qualifies this process as babysitting...

> From now on, nobody is to apply *anything* to the build system without
> my explicit approval, unless they are holding a copy of my death
> certificate.

Does one unanswered ping apply as a death certificate?

-Vitor, who have bitten the flamebait...