[FFmpeg-devel] Problem with cross compilation / need guidance for patch submission

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Sun Oct 12 18:52:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 2:31 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> writes:
[...]
>>  - add -DWIN32 when compiling for the win32 platform. Requires
>>    adding a CFLAG during configure.
>
> This would be acceptable, provided it doesn't break something else.
> It should only need one additional line in the win32 sections.

Well, like he pointed on the follow-up, other issues might arise from
that define. The FFmpeg code doesn't depend on #ifdef WIN32, so this
would only be needed for the external libraries. I admit I haven't
done a full-blown build to see all possible problems with external
libraries since the -std=c99 change, but I will eventually.

> A question worth asking is, why does faac not simply go with the
> compiler defaults?

I wonder the same thing. This can easily be avoided by compiling faac
with -std=c99 and no more patching is required.

Ramiro Polla