[FFmpeg-devel] Please clean up incoming

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Oct 20 19:05:29 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 06:00:46PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:51:34 +0200
> Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
>
> > Please clean tell us which files should be kept and
> > which thrown away.
> >
> > I will not increase the size of the partition, although
> > we have more than enough of diskspace, if so much junk
> > is just left there to rot.
>
> PS: I don't mind if we keep everything in there
> and i have to increase the partition size,
> as long as the files are properly sorted,
> so that one can find the file he's looking for.

i dont have the time to look through all the trash there but
i have a suggestion for the future
Write in the bugreporting guides of ffmpeg and mplayer that people
should create directories of the form mplayer|ffmpeg/issue123/ and
upload there, then make a cronjob that deletes everything not
matching these or if possible make the ftp server refuse things not
matching it.
That of course doesnt fix whats already there ...

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope