[FFmpeg-devel] Please clean up incoming

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Oct 21 19:10:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:00:34AM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Attila Kinali wrote:

>>> PS: I don't mind if we keep everything in there
>>> and i have to increase the partition size,
>>> as long as the files are properly sorted,
>>> so that one can find the file he's looking for.
>> I'd prefer to keep everything, many of the files are referenced in
>> source and/or commits log to explain fixes and/or hacks, if you loose
>> the file, you loose the way to double check the test IMHO.
>
> Those files should be sorted into the samples archive.  Precisely this
> is the purpose of the samples archive.  Letting incoming grow to
> infinity is not a solution.  If the devs forget to move files or forget
> to get files moved, it's not the admin's fault.

AFAIK, I cannot move the files, so someone else must move them...
I also guess annoying someone else to move the file will not be very
efficient.

Besides having issue_123/file is pretty explicit, finding one particular
file in the sample archive is not that easy, grepping is allsamples.txt
is the most efficient way AFAIK.

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com