[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] Speex decoding via libspeex
Wed Oct 22 09:41:15 CEST 2008
Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 09:44:18PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
>> David Conrad wrote:
>>> It looks like the sample rate is now the only real issue with decoding
>>> Speex without a setup header, assuming the default mode is used for a
>>> given sample rate. I've reworked the decoding loop to not rely on
>>> knowing frames_per_packet so that issue is irrelevant with flv.
>> I'm working on the official documentation right now for Speex in FLV.
> What made you use Speex in the first place?
Let me guess:
- "We need a codec that we can build voip applications directly in the
- "Well we have Nellymoser doesn't that do ?"
- "Get real, next idea."
- "Well we could license amr, it seems popular."
- "But that costs money. We don't have any left all went into the flash
for linux project."
- "Hmm, what about this speex stuff, it's free and supports lots of
- "Totally free? Well I guess we can afford that."
More information about the ffmpeg-devel