[FFmpeg-devel] Visibility implementation

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Fri Oct 31 18:26:45 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 17:33 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:52:15AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 21:52 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > OK, here is the next version, along with configure support.  This should
> > > be fit for committing.
> >
> > Is there a reason why the START_HIDDEN stuff is under #ifdef
> > CONFIG_VISIBILITY but attribute_hidden is not?
>
> I figured that I could treat all attribute_ things equally.  I have no
> strong opinion on this.

The START/END_HIDDEN macros are a shorthand for adding the
visibility("hidden") attribute to every declaration and definition
between them. Having the configure switch affect symbols using one
syntax but not those using another seems wrong - it could only make
sense if there was some convention what kind of symbols to mark with
which syntax, but so far there isn't.