[FFmpeg-devel] I Make VC-1 encoder source code available

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Sat Sep 20 12:35:28 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:03:17PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Mike Melanson wrote:
> > But, hey, Silverlight will also still support VC-1, so the codec is not
> > dead yet.
>
> Silverlight should be rendered irrelevant.

Along with F-word please (but they are moving from FLV1/VP6 to H.264 anyway).
And will anybody add what Dark Shikari called "the second layer of evil" -
interlaced VC-1 decoding?

> lu - given the recent trend I expect somebody starting to port parts of
> ffmpeg in javascript instead...

Why do you think web engine developers report of JS engine speedups?
After they introdue JS-SIMD we can start porting :P