[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] fix mingw/faac linking

Daniel G. Taylor dan
Thu Sep 25 23:55:40 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 15:40 -0500, Dion Galbreath wrote:

>  * snip *
>
> read ffmpeg-user and or libav-users there are a few people complaining.
>   I am using mingw32-gcc-4.2.1 and it errs. I posted on one of those
>  above news groups how to edit the h files for mingw users so they can
>  get past the problems. There is with x264, and aac. But unfortunately
>  mingw compilations get broken all the time.  Who's the maintainer so
>  we can whip em into shape ;)

I can confirm this issue using the same mingw gcc version. The compile
goes fine and the last few linking steps fail with undefined references
to faac functions. Applying the attached patch fixes the issue.

Thank you for the patch Dion, I've been looking for a fix for this issue
for the past few weeks and couldn't figure it out.

Take care,
--
Daniel G. Taylor
http://programmer-art.org