[FFmpeg-devel] rtsp/rdt streaming from bbc (was: ask for advie of doing Qualification task -- M95 Playback System)

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Apr 1 14:01:43 CEST 2009

Hi Steven,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Steven Woolley <woobert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lest you think I'm a total idiot, I also was having (and continue to have)
> problems with it working on the iPhone (the end goal of my tinkering).

Is it streaming over UDP? I've been told the iPhone blocks UDP
traffick altogether. To force TCP, add a line "if (lower_transport !=
RTSP_LOWER_TRANSPORT_TCP) return 1;" at the top of
make_setup_request() in libavformat/rtsp.c, that will force TCP as
lower transport and should make any form of RTSP work on the iPhone.

Ronald