[FFmpeg-devel] Would like to work on lavf-based concatenation tool for GSoC qualification

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 2 14:17:48 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 05:09:16AM -0400, Geza Kovacs wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 13:50 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> > Yes, please enhance ffmpeg binary. You can put code in a separate file,
> > but the goal is to enhance ffplay and ffmpeg binaries, so factorizing
> > the code is likely needed.
> >

> I've attached a patch that adds said functionality as an ffmpeg
> command-line option. I assume there's a more clean way to do this than
> by introducing a conditional at the beginning of av_encode(); I assume I
> would probably want to modify opt_format and opt_output_file in the
> final version instead, but for the sake of time this seemed to work best
> with the code I had already written for now.

Id like to clarify that the goal of the qualification tasks is to
get code into ffmpeg svn that is usefull for ffmpeg

hacks will not reach svn

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire