[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] Remuxing for the PS3

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Apr 3 20:00:38 CEST 2009

On 4/3/2009 7:54 AM, John Lange wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 23:01 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> John Lange wrote:

>>> Just a quick update; remuxing with TsMuxer seemed to go smoothly and the
>>> resulting file played well with ffplay (but not mplayer). mediainfo also
>>> seemed to display the correct information about the file.
>>>
>>> However, it would not play on the PS3.
>>>
>>> The PS3 won't even recognize the file, it just shows it as unsupported
>>> data. I'm going to try again with some different options to see if that
>>> makes a difference.
>>>
>>> Let me know what settings you've used that worked.
>>>
>> This is clearly off topic on this mailing list.
>
> Trying to diagnose what ffmpeg is doing wrong with regard to  is off
> topic for the ffmpeg developer list? I guess that explains why ffmpeg
> tsmuxing is broken; it's "off topic".

"tsmuxing" is not "off topic", If you encounter problems, you are free
to report them to roundup providing exact cases to reproduce the problem.

ffmpeg-devel mailing list is about FFmpeg _development_, therefore code
and patches. Discussing the _usage_ is meant to be done here but in
ffmpeg-user or libav-user.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no