[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libswscale into the FFmpeg SVN repo

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Apr 3 23:18:08 CEST 2009

On date Thursday 2009-04-02 20:07:05 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd encoded:
> Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the feat mentioned in the subject has been mentioned many times, and
> > IIRC there is also a general agreement about it.
> >
> > And I also remember that someone (Diego?) mentioned some technical
> > problems.
> >
> > Or maybe if we're going to do that step, maybe we could even afford to
> > do yet another one and migrate to git as planned.
>
> Diego once said there is a way to merge the svn repos while
> maintaining chronological history.  Alternatively, it can be merged as
> part of a transition to git.  It is not advisable to move to git and
> merge the trees at a later time since that would rewrite the entire
> history and invalidate any branches people might have.

If that can be automated I'll be glad to spend some hours doing some
scripting.

Also I wonder if it is convenient for us to do the double step:
libswscale merge to SVN + git transition

or if it is better to directly switch to git.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fundamentalist and Faithful Mysterious Puritan Ecletic Guru