[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code participation

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Apr 4 20:59:44 CEST 2009

On date Saturday 2009-04-04 20:32:45 +0200, Diego Biurrun encoded:
> On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 07:07:03PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >
> > We have some rather complex rule for which if a comment is not a
> > complete sentence then it doesn't need capitalization/ending period.
>
> How complex can a rule that you just expressed in a one-line sentence
> and that is consistent with English spelling rules be?

No you're right and is not so complex, also this is consistent with
the javadoc style guide:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/writingdoccomments/#styleguide

The problem is what we consider a complete sentence.
For example:
"a pig"

is not a complete sentence, but what about
"a pig which is going to fly"
?

So I'm not sure if:
@param[out] picture The AVFrame in which the decoded video frame will be stored.

is correct or rather:
@param[out] picture the AVFrame in which the decoded video frame will be stored

(There are plenty of these cases in the FFmpeg docs.)

BTW, no I don't think this is really *so* important ;-).

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fundamentalist Funny Mortal Powered Energized Glue