[FFmpeg-devel] Who is against GIT now? (Was: [RFC] libswscale into the FFmpeg SVN repo)

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun Apr 5 19:12:01 CEST 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 06:56:37PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>> I strongly dislike that metadata cannot be versioned or changed, for
>>> example commit messages.
>>>
>>> Given the often low-quality commit messages we suffer from around here
>>> and the importance they have when debugging or understanding the code
>>> I think there has to be a way to update and fix them.
>>>
>>> And I am most emphatically *not* talking about spelling errors in commit
>>> messages.  Repeat after me, this is *not* about pedantic nitpicking[1].
>> git rebase -i on topic branches does what you'd ever dream about ^^;
>
> You misunderstand: It needs to be done in the repository, not in
> somebody's local tree.

If instead of having the single tree you have more remote branches you
can do and publish more commits and hopefully fix those issue before
landing them in the master tree (if you like this workflow).

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member