[FFmpeg-devel] Who is against GIT now? (Was: [RFC] libswscale into the FFmpeg SVN repo)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Apr 5 20:39:49 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 05:28:40PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> and i belive there is no consensus on a switch to git ...
>
> I just wonder who is against git now...

Well, to be honest I no longer see a point for git for a central,
master repository, and there are known inconveniences (no usable
way to modify commit messages, no simple revision number, all
references to revisions in commit messages would break - the
latter basically being the point against merging libswscale
as I understood).