[FFmpeg-devel] Who is against GIT now? (Was: [RFC] libswscale into the FFmpeg SVN repo)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Apr 5 20:54:06 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 08:39:49PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
[...]
> way to modify commit messages, no simple revision number, all
> references to revisions in commit messages would break - the
> latter basically being the point against merging libswscale
> as I understood).

yes
one also could argue that one should use GMT/UTC and not svn revissions
_always_, and by doing so repositories could be merged and reorganized
without breaking references.  Even a cvs<->svn<->git change would not
break such references
Sadly we used r<num> exclusively without realizing this ...

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin