[FFmpeg-devel] Who is against GIT now? (Was: [RFC] libswscale into the FFmpeg SVN repo)

compn tempn
Sun Apr 5 23:35:55 CEST 2009

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 20:36:16 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> writes:

>>> I just wonder who is against git now...
>>
>> Well, to be honest I no longer see a point for git for a central,
>> master repository, and there are known inconveniences (no usable
>> way to modify commit messages, no simple revision number, all
>> references to revisions in commit messages would break - the
>> latter basically being the point against merging libswscale
>> as I understood).
>
>If we switch to git, we can insert the old revision number in the
>commit message.  Searching commit messages is trivial with git.

at this point i think it will be quicker for someone to hack up an svn
to git test repo and we can then test everything brought up in this
thread.

otherwise this thread will go forever.
'it wont be able to do X'
'it will be able to do X by using Y' ....

-compn