[FFmpeg-devel] dvb muxer

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Apr 7 22:21:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 4/7/2009 3:33 AM, Soyeb Aswat wrote:
> Hi All especially Baptiste,
>
> I've been playing around with the old dvb muxer patch from 2007 for
> the last few weeks.  Today I found out that more work was done on
> this last year and that there is an svn repository.  The latest patch
> on there is from January this year.
>
> I plan to spend quite a lot of time on this over the next few weeks.
>
> What I would like to know is:
>
> 1. what is the state of dvb muxer in svn currently

Current (svn/main tree) dvb muxer lacks a _correct_ buffering model.

> 2. what work needs to be done to get it in to the main tree

Humm, I assumed you meant gsoc.

Base your work on main tree (svn), inspect current mpeg PS muxer to
check if code can be reused in TS muxer. If yes, send separate patches
to extract the needed code.

If it's simpler to rewrite a buffering model from scratch in the TS
muxer, you can probably do it and submit a patch, but beware of code
duplication.

> 3. I'm especially interested in muxing h.264, does more work need to
> be done for this?  If so, what?

Yes it does. You'd have to check specifications mainly H.222 at ITU, and
paragraphs mentioning H.264.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no