[FFmpeg-devel] Touching base on first decoder ( CDXL ) before loosing direction

Erion Omeri erion.omeri
Tue Apr 7 23:08:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 02:30:00PM -0500, Erion Omeri wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just wanted to check base with the team before I get off track.
> >
> > QUESTION: Am I in the right path to creating the CDXL codec (see files)?
>
> pretty much any not trivial contribution to ffmpeg is ok as
> qual task, ...
>

> > I read the Wiki and the simple Cook decoder:
> > http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_codec_howto
> >
> >  I found the Pascal version of the CDXL decoder and have loosely tried to
> > convert it to C ( not done by any means). I did focus mainly on the READ
> > function.
> > I have made some generalizations and will have to make more as we go
> along.
> > http://aminet.net/package/gfx/show/AnimFX
> >
> >  I understand that there is not much time left to get this qualification
> > task up and running, so I will attach my files here so that you can see
> what
> > direction I am going. I have commented out a skeleton I grabbed from
> another
> > codec example and will eventually adapt my functions to using the FFMPEG
> > interface.
> >

> > I understand that in order to add a codec to the pool I will need to its
> ID
> > in a struct in AVCodec but if the order of that struct changes other
> > dependencies break. How do I go about adding my codec ID without breaking
> > the rest, should I just add it at the tail? On the other hand, I see
> > grouping in the struct which makes think it should go under video codecs
> > which is not at the tail.
>
> how to add a value into a enum without changing the existing values and
> still do it close to a semantically nice spot is basic C knowledge which
> is a prerequestite for as sucessfull gsoc ffmpeg project

Nice, pardon the ADD there.
I see that you guys are moving up with ranges.
I will go ahead an add CODEC_ID_CDXL following CODEC_ID_AURA2,
which should keep everything in the range since we are still below  0x10000.

Thanks for the hints Mike