[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Error concealment for B-frames/fixing issue 824

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Apr 10 00:13:39 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 10:52:32PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> there are 2 very seperate things
> 1. errors
> 2. b frames without reference frames after seeking
>
> normal users dont want to see randomly trashed frames after seeking
> in undamged files

I think I agree... Is there a counter somewhere that could be used to
find out which frame in the GOP we are at?
Some options I can think of:
1) change code to not skip a B-frame if it is the second frame in a closed GOP
2) only skip B-frames if they directly follow the first I-frame of a non-closed GOP
3) (without really knowing what "broken link" means) only skip B-frames if "broken
link" is set