[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] *put_bits_* functions renamings

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Apr 11 01:04:28 CEST 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:52:35AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Friday 2009-04-10 18:53:22 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd encoded:
> > Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> > > iam rather used to flush_put_bits() so iam mildly against the rename
> > > that is unless several other devels want the rename
> >
> > All the other functions are put_bits_*, and we have get_bits_*.  I'm
> > in favour of renaming it to keep things consistent.
>
> Actually this is my complete evil plan for the *put_bits* functions:
>
> init_put_bits            ->  put_bits_init
> put_bits_count           ->  put_bits_count
> flush_put_bits           ->  put_bits_flush
> align_put_bits           ->  put_bits_align
> ff_put_string            ->  put_bits_string (put_bits_put_string?)
> ff_copy_bits             ->  put_bits_copy
> put_bits                 ->  put_bits
> pbBufPtr                 ->  put_bits_get_buf_ptr (put_bits_buf_ptr?)
> skip_put_bits            ->  put_bits_skip
> skip_put_bytes           ->  put_bits_skip_bytes
> set_put_bits_buffer_size ->  put_bits_set_buffer_size
> put_sbits                ->  put_bits_signed? (I still have to read the function...)
>
> So the idea basically is to prefix all the functions with "put_bits",
> and try to follow consistent naming rules, with eventual variations
> with respect to the above table to accomodate devels
> preferences/suggestions.
>
> Also I don't think it would make sense to rename just few functions,
> since the idea was to provide a consistent functions set.

i prefer to keep the functions named as they are.

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway