[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC VQA v3 vptr decode function implementation

The Deep Explorer thedeepexplorer
Mon Apr 13 08:53:44 CEST 2009

Hi ,
    I am explaining my logic behind code 5 implementation :

    case 5:
        /*101 - Write block (Val & 0x1fff) Count times. Count is the next
                 byte from the VPTR chunk.*/
           a) first am computing block
            block_no = code_buf & 0x1ff;
           b) I am reading the next byte from the vptr chunk ....
            Kostya , you mentioned that memcpy is wrong , why  ?
please elaborate...

             memcpy(&count,&src[src_index+2],1);
             src_index++; // Am increasing by 1 byte and later outside
the switch in the loop incremeneting by  2 bytes ...

   // Writing the block "count times "
             for(index=0;index<count;index++)
                 dest[dest_index+index] = block_no;
// Then updating the destination index for good...
          dest_index += index;
             av_log(NULL,AV_LOG_ERROR,"Code is 101 %d\n",code);
             break;

Please tell me where am I going wrong ? WHat needs to be fixed for
this snippet of code ?

Thanks,
-tde