[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Qual VQA v3 : updated patch.

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Apr 13 18:50:19 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:31:16PM -0400, The Deep Explorer wrote:

> > The patch consists of 95% cosmetics.  Nobody will want to review it.
>
> Can you please elaborate what is this cosmetics you are referring to ?
>
> -static inline void vqa_debug(const char *format, ...) { }
> +static inline void vqa_debug(const char *format, ...)
> +{
> +}
>
> If you are talking of things like these, I did not do it :( , I used
> the indent tool...I guess it did that , not me :(

You are responsible for the patches you send, not a tool that you used
mechanically instead of sensibly.  Nobody stops you from reading through
the patches you send, in fact you are expected to do it.

> If you give me some definitive pointers, I am more than willing to
> work and improve on it.

You have already been given plenty of pointers and enough information to
avoid these mistakes.  You should ask your questions before taking
action if you are unsure.

But anyway, this is only partly your fault.  I'm very disappointed that
all the SoC mentors we have did not manage to teach you the basics
and/or point you to a place to learn the basics by now.

Diego