[FFmpeg-devel] Suggestion for a centralized language-tag facility in libavformat

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Apr 14 18:12:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 05:56:47PM +0200, cyril comparon wrote:
> Anyway, I did not sort it in any way since it is not bound to be used
> in tight loops or any code that may suffer performance penalty because
> of non-optimal look-up time.

It has a performance penalty for humans who look at it, and a human's
time is at least as valuable as a PC's...
Also avlanguages.c contains DOS linebreaks and thus could not be applied
as-is.