[FFmpeg-devel] Suggestion for a centralized language-tag facility in libavformat

cyril comparon cyril.comparon
Tue Apr 14 22:18:42 CEST 2009

Gee I didn't know I was _such_ a lousy developer!
However, I was not excepting my patch to be applied as-is, since
deeper reflection may be needed before adding this new facility.

Please find enclosed :

- avlanguage.patch, contains the two new files. They are not part of
the public API any more. I rewrote the langage-tags table considering
the exact standard
(http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ISO-639-2_utf-8.txt) and I kept
the original item ordering. I renamed the potentially-public functions
to av_xxx . I don't think it's a good idea to chop 1 byte per string
in the table since it would prevent from returning string addresses as
is. If you guys find the two columns "EnglishName" and "FrenchName"
useless and ridiculously verbose, I don't mind getting rid of them
(blame the ISO crew :). Changelog included in the patch.

- asf_languages.patch, adds support for language-tags to
asfdec/asfenc. Changelog included in the patch.

Hope I am on the right way this time...
Cyril