[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] WC3 decoder without AVPaletteControl

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Apr 15 14:06:55 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:34:26PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 05:22:55PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > >
> > > A minor update. It only fixes the gamma correction and provides a
> > > fixed point integer-implementation, which might help explain some of
> > > its weirdness like clipping to 253.
> >
> > Mike is ok with, any comments on the av_grow_packet/av_append_packet?
>
> I was thinking about avoiding the need for av_grow_packet and instead
> use av_new_packet + memcpy, but there currently isn't a reliable way to
> copy everything necessary like pos, pts etc. to the new packet (doing it
> manually in the function will break as soon as a new field is added and
> someone forgets to update that function).
> If there are no comments I threaten to apply "somewhen".

please wait 3 days or so, id like to fix avi and see what that will need
and if that method could also be used then everywhere
i never felt the need for a grow or append packet function when thinking
about palettes

-- Albert Einstein