[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SSE3/4 implementation of flac_encode_residual_lpc

Bobby Bingham uhmmmm
Fri Apr 24 23:28:35 CEST 2009

This is my first serious attempt at any sort of SIMD optimization, so
I hope the SSE gurus will be gentle in their review.

Attached are patches to move flac_encode_residual_lpc to dsputils, and
to add SSE3 and SSE4 implementations.  I wrote the SSE3 first, but
since it doesn't have signed 32x32 multiplication AFAICT, I ended up
using double precision floats for it, and the result is code that's
slower than the C version.  Unless somebody has a suggestion of how to
fix this, I'll drop the SSE3 version.

I tried an SSE4 version because it does have signed 32x32->32
multiplication, like the C version uses.  Unfortunately, I don't have an
SSE4-capable processor to test it with, so I can't check its speed or
even its correctness.  Benchmarks welcome.

--
Bobby Bingham