[FFmpeg-devel] utils.c patch to avoid divide by zero

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Aug 26 17:27:00 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Michael Niedermayer<michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> The way i see it from what i know is that we have a duration that is known
> in a timebase that is not known (aka pretty useless)

That is the rtpdec.c / rtsp.c bug, we don't set the timebase for
streams with unknown parser. There is no reason for this behaviour,
because the timebase is known (it's in the SDP header). Like I said:
bug. Attached patch fixes that and the crash (for me), but Luca didn't
like the patch very much.

So let me rephrase, just in case I'm unclear:
- the bug described in the thread starter is triggered in rtsp
- I gave the URI triggering it
- I think the underlying cause is that the timebase isn't set because
no codec is available for the stream
- this patch fixes that, and thus the underlying cause of the bug
- Luca doesn't like this patch
- the patch in the thread start also fixes this bug (line 1), but not
the fact that no timebase is set

Ronald