[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Compiling x11grab.c

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Dec 14 13:34:39 CET 2009

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Hi!
>
> When compiling x11grab.c on OpenSuse, I get the following warning:
>
> /usr/include/sys/ipc.h(25): warning #1224: #warning directive: "Files
> using this header must be compiled with _SVID_SOURCE or _XOPEN_SOURCE"
>
> ipc.h gets included from sys/shm.h.

Both of those headers are part of the XSI extension.  The spec states
that a conforming XSI application "shall define _XOPEN_SOURCE to be
600 before any header is included".  The statement in the warning is
thus correct.  Shouting about it seems a bit excessive though,
especially for a distro shipping a broken C compiler.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com