[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Mon Dec 14 20:03:11 CET 2009

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we can't agree on a name for our fancy new non-profit org, so we want
> YOU to help us choose a name. Voting is open to all developers /
> contributors with an SVN account at svn.ffmpeg.org.
>
> You can choose between the following names:
> * Free Multimedia Tech / freemediatech.org
> * FFMTech (Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies)
> * FFmedia (Foundation for Free MultimEDIA)
> * OMF (Open Multimedia Foundation)
> * FFm.org (Foundation for Free Multimedia)
> * FFmpeg Foundation
> * FFMF (Fast Forward Multimedia Foundation)
>
> You vote by replying to this email (publically, to ffmpeg-devel),

I'll vote ASAP, before the bikesheding about the voting procedure gets
consistent.

1. Free Multimedia Tech / freemediatech.org
2. FFMTech (Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies)
3. FFmpeg Foundation
4. FFmedia (Foundation for Free MultimEDIA)
5. FFm.org (Foundation for Free Multimedia)
6. FFMF (Fast Forward Multimedia Foundation)

I'm against OMF, because I don't like the vagueness of "Open" (as in MS
"Office Open XML" or DRM-friendly "Open Media Commons"). Sometimes
"Open" just means "just free enough people won't complain it is
proprietary".

-Vitor