[FFmpeg-devel] AvFormat Usage and customization

Shubham Bhattacharya shubham.bhattacharya
Wed Dec 30 11:18:52 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Stefano Sabatini <
stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:

> Don't top-post.
>
> On date Wednesday 2009-12-30 15:30:38 +0530, Shubham Bhattacharya encoded:
> > I would add the patches to FFMpeg if I get a confirmation on the approach
> > here.
>
> Why do you need to extend libavformat? What do you want to achieve?
>
> Regards.
> --
> FFmpeg = Frenzy & Fiendish Mystic Pacific Egregious Guru
before.

I intend to extend a video based application of mine to all file formats.
One of the use cases would be to (say) fetch Sync Frame timestamps in a
video container. Currently, for an application to use the avformat to
achieve such a functionality, I see no mechanism available here. There could
be several such custom requirements of a player/framework from the parser
modules. Am not sure how to use/modify the avformat to achieve such
customized usages. Please advise.

Regards.