[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Frame accurate seeking

Artur Bodera abodera
Wed Dec 30 18:23:15 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Baptiste Coudurier <
baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I disagree here. The only way IMHO to make ffmpeg better is to
> report bugs or send patches fixing bugs and/or implementing useful
> features.
> IMHO creating sub-projects workarounding ffmpeg problems is only harmful.

Fair enough :-)

ffmpeg-fap is a perfect example of that, and that's why I've brought it up
here - it's something that, as logic suggests, should be in ffmpeg core for
a long time now and somehow - it's missing. The question is, why those smart
fellas that build these forks or tools don't contribute? Only for fame, or
too lazy to repeatedly fix the code to match your standards?

I hope it's not a bigger problem (although I find more and more "features"
that should be there but are funky or missing)

--

     __
    /.)\   +48 695 600 936
    \(./   abodera at gmail.com