[FFmpeg-devel] libavdevice: PTS stability and risks of drift

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Mon Feb 2 15:27:23 CET 2009

Le quartidi 14 pluvi?se, an CCXVII, Luca Abeni a ?crit?:
> Anyway, I believe that directly using gettimeofday() (or some other call
> providing the current system time) is problematic, because we need to know
> the time when the data was sampled, not the time when we read it from the
> device... In this regard, I believe that both the v4l2 input and the ALSA
> input use the correct value for PTS. Does the Jack API provide some similar
> call for reading the time when the data was sampled?

By the way, I created a branch on my copy of the repository to work on a
timestamp filter, as I promised during the discussion about the ALSA patch,
but I did not have time to work on it yet. But I intend to keep the promise.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George